Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Cheering Hat - Test knit

I made a couple of test knit hats for a designer named Gabrielle Vezina, her design is fun and easy. Including pompoms, I-cord and nice comfy ribbing.

I love this pattern, and I got a kick out of testing it for Gabrielle prior to it's publication.

The first one came out snug and I decided to give it to my niece: project page. Ravelry

 
 
 The second hat I kept for myself: project page. Ravelry



It  got a lot of attention the other night when I wore it to community meeting.

I've also made a white version which I haven't photographed yet, it was my second attempt and I'd used larger needles in an attempt to create a fabric that was not so stiff as I'd made in my first attempt. Talk about one extreme to the other, it wound up quite loose and baggy - which has appeal as well. I need to make pompoms for it and decide who gets it.

Recently I cast on a plain and simple neck warmer in brown, and I plan on making fingerless mitts and possibly another Cheering Hat in the same colour. I have them in mind for my daughter, who wears a leather jacket I suspect the shade of brown might complement nicely. We'll see. I also promised her a totoro, which I haven't even added to my queue of upcoming projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment