Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

Pattern Testing

Pattern testing has been a challenge not without stress. I braved posting my own quick simple pattern for MM Needle sleeves on Ravelry and I volunteered to test another designer's sock pattern. I got too excited about the beautiful socks to not volunteer. Doing both has been a challenge. I learned a lot and am grateful to my volunteers who caught and exposed the stumbling blocks I unintentionally built into my pattern, and I am grateful to the other designer for trusting me with her beautiful creation to seek stumbling blocks in her work.

The pattern I put up for testing is the same one I was meaning to post here. Posting to volunteer pattern testers was intimidating but I am glad I did it, the revamped pattern has more potential for being understood than what I was going to offer originally.

Now I need to go over the feedback and get to work on making my pattern understandable. This new challenge I have taken on is fantastic and I'm glad I dared. Knitting will never get boring.

The sock I'm testing is coming together well. I've only pointed out one thing myself, but as I call up the forum on my screen I discover that the observation I was going to voice has already been brought up. So I've only clicked on agree buttons since my first contribution. My notes on my work need to be typed up and sent by PM instead, I think, just so as there aren't many people posting the same stuff repeatedly. I'm still in the middle of this test, and still nervous about it.

Back to the needles.  So far:

No comments:

Post a Comment